Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ethics of Editing

To me the way people edit their photographs is their own personal taste. If their given a model lacking something, they’ve found ways to enhance that picture. I don’t see anything wrong with the way people edit things. I believe they are doing their jobs by editing the photograph and turning it into top quality. Sure it might not be realistic, but it’s what looks best. We all know what we see in magazines isn’t real anyways. Nobody is perfect but magazine editors are put up to try and make them as close to perfect as they can. It’s what they get paid for. In my opinion changing the colors of photographs is very fun, even though it’s not always realistic; in most cases it looks a lot better than the original. Messing with the levels is one of my favorite things to do, it basically just changes the brightness and contrast, but on a higher scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment